Friday, January 20, 2012

Happiness in a Box and an Oven

I must have known it was coming a few days ago.  The oldest Picky was home sick (kinda) and I made one of the best soups I have made: Chicken-less Noodle soup.  I ate a couple bowls of it and sure enough, I am sniffling with a scratchy throat.  I can deal with it because I haven't really been sick for about a year (yay, vegan diet!) but man, now I want more soup.  But it wasn't just the soup that made this meal so extraordinary and sick-worthy:

It was all about the oyster ranch crackers.

My friend's aunt used to make these beloved crackers every year at Christmas time and we would eat bowls of them.  Now that I won't touch those artificially-flavored ranch packets, I came across the homemade recipe on my new favorite website.  And now I will share it with you.  

The entire recipe was not NOT gone within a couple hours.  
(please note the double negative).

Oyster Ranch Crackers
Recipe from Peas and Thank You

2 t. garlic powder
2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. dry mustard
    1/2 t. dried dill
      2 t. dried parsley
        1 t. salt
          3 T. oil (olive oil, canola, grapeseed, etc.)
            One 8 oz. package oyster crackers 
            (or any other cracker...even Gluten-Free!)

            Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
            In a large bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, dill, parsley and salt. Add oil and stir to combine.  Pour in oyster crackers and toss to evenly coat.  Transfer crackers to a baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
            The disappearing oyster crackers...picture courtesy of Mama Pea 

            TRY THEM NOW!  

            No comments: