Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

We get very excited about Earth Day around here.  :) 

We wished each other  "Happy Earth Day" when we woke up and the littlest guy thought we were wishing him a "Happy Birthday" so of course, I had to sing to him.  Funny little man.

I volunteered in my daughter's class for a bit in the morning and painted their feet GREEN for a project. 

After quiet time, we played outside for a very long time.  We then met friends for dinner and came back to plant.  Lowe's had these great little planting kits for sale and the kids picked watermelon and pumpkin seeds to plant.  With our little buddy over, we decorated the pots, planted the seeds in the soil and placed it back in the "greenhouse".  I said a few prayers in my mind and placed them in the window.  Hopefully they will grow...oh please, let them grow!  ;)

I hope you had a wonderful day reflecting the beauty of our Earth...continue to be kind to it and it will be kind to you!

No comments: