Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mom's Cooking LOTS This Week--10/3-10/9

I didn't properly meal-plan last week because my husband and I went out of town for a few days.  And when I don't meal-plan, we tend to eat out a ton.  Believe it or not, we have some great places we like to go to but they are mostly ethnic restaurants because "American" restaurants don't cook anything remotely vegan.  Yes, we can eat salads, but I'd rather not pay a ton of money for a mediocre salad that only contains basic veggies and oil and vinegar dressing.  So we like to go out for Indian, Mexican or Middle Eastern food...we can find lots of choices at these places and the specific restaurants where we go don't use animal broth in any of their essentials: beans, rice, hummus, etc. 

Trust me:  You'd be surprised where chefs stick animal or fish stock.

Sunday 10/3

Breakfast: cereal

Lunch: roasted veggie sandwiches and leftover lentil soup

Dinner: spaghetti with roasted spaghetti squah and tomato sauce, lemony white bean arugula salad

Monday 10/4

Breakfast: pumpkin cranberry walnut bread and fruit

Lunch: hummus wraps, veggies and ranch

Dinner: eggplant parmesan, salad


Tuesday 10/5

Breakfast: cereal and yogurt

Lunch: chickpea sandwiches (pb and j for kids)


Wednesday 10/6

Breakfast: toast and applesauce




Thursday 10/7

Breakfast: cereal and fruit

Lunch: noodles and leftover tofu

Dinner: butternut squash and black bean casserole, chips, salsa and guacamole

 
Friday 10/8

Breakfast: Coconut Chai Coffee Cake

Lunch: leftover casserole

Dinner: homemade pizza, veggies

Saturday 10/9

Breakfast: cereal and apple sauce

Lunch: Indian buffet

Dinner: roasted veggies and whatever we get in our CSA

Special Snacks/Treats for Lunchbox LOVE:

fruit gel babies (vegan jello), hummus and crackers, popcorn mix

PS:  I totally realize that this week's menu is squash heavy but I have a MILLION.  OK, maybe not a million but I am barely strong enough to move my centerpiece and I still have a few more that aren't in the picture...did you know that most squash (acorn and butternut) are interchangeable in recipes with sweet potatoes and pumpkins?  Very cool.
My Centerpiece
(minus a few)

No comments: