Sunday, September 19, 2010

This Week's Eatin' 9-19-9/25

I really do love meal-planning but I don't always love sticking with it.  I try to be mindful about switching plans and make sure that I am not adding to the grocery bill for a specific craving.  Sometimes I do go off the plan and throw something together.  :)

I roasted a pumpkin yesterday and made pumpkin walnut cupcakes with a chocolate mousse frosting.  I have leftover pumpkin so that is why you see my menu a little pumpkin-heavy. 
Pumpkin symbolizes Fall to me; the air is getting crisp and the kitchen smells of apples, pumpkins and cinnamon--YUM!

Sunday 9/19
Breakfast:  cereal
Lunch:  vegetable quinoa soup and tempeh sandwiches
Dinner:  bringing herbed black-eyed peas to a party :)

Monday 9/20
Breakfast:  pumpkin yogurt bread and fruit
Lunch:  leftovers (coleslaw, cheese and crackers, etc for the kiddos)
Dinner:  pizza and veggies with homemade vegan ranch

Tuesday 9/21
Breakfast:  cereal and fruit
Lunch:  leftover pizza for kids, chickpea sandwiches
Dinner:  chili mac and roasted acorn squash

Wednesday 9/22
Breakfast:  toast and applesauce
Lunch:  buttered noodles for kids, pasta veggie salad
Dinner:  tofu and brown rice teriyaki, veggie

Thursday 9/23
Lunch:  leftover tofu and rice teriyaki
Dinner:  roasted vegetable barley soup, homemade french bread

Friday 9/24
Breakfast:  cereal and yogurt
Lunch:  bean burritos and quesadillas
Dinner:  fettucine alfredo, veggies

Saturday 9/25
Breakfast:  chocolate chip scones and apple sauce
Lunch:  Indian buffet
Dinner:  whatever is inspiring from the farmer's market.  :)

Special Snacks/Treats for Lunchbox LOVE

*If you are interested in any of the recipes that I don't have linked to a website, just ASK.  :) 
I will be more than happy to share them with you...they just usually aren't electronic*

No comments: