Monday, February 6, 2012

Meal Plan Monday 2/6-2/10

Meal planning hasn't been going so well at our house ever since I got sick, so I took this weekend as an opportunity to start fresh.  I'm tired of spending money eating out when I could be cooking; don't get me wrong, I love eating out with a purpose.  But it seems that those "I'm too tired to cook" days are far too often right now.  


Monday:
Smoothies 
Rangoli buffet to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday
Tomato-rice soup with roasted garlic and navy beans, kale salad


Tuesday:
Smoothies and cereal
Sandwiches and fruit
Leek and bean cassoulet with biscuits, green salad


Wednesday:
Smoothies and chocolate oat bars
Enchilada casserole with spinach and corn, tortilla chips
Cauliflower and kidney bean stew with coconut milk, green beans, cornbread


Thursday:
Smoothies and cereal
Leftovers and fruit
Whatever we can scrounge up because it is a crazy busy night for us!


Friday:
Smoothies and banana millet muffins
Pizza lunch for the middle Picky's 6th Birthday
Homemade miso udon soup (his pick), rice edamame salad


Extra's:  
Birthday School Treat--Chewy chocolate raspberry cookies
Pretzel bites
Hummus


Yes, the six year old picked out miso soup for his special birthday dinner.  Silly kid.  :)  Looking forward to trying out a bunch of these new recipes!

No comments: