Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CSA Week #3

I'm behind.  Not in anything in particular but pretty much everything in general.  My sister in law got married last week, my littlest Picky had a birthday and a birthday party and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect bathing suit before our family vacation.  Oh and of course, laundry, packing and picking up all the things we will need for our road trip so I don't get distracted by Sour Patch Kids and potato chips at the gas stations.

I haven't been cooking much between celebrations so I still have a fridge packed with produce from last week's CSA.  We got lettuce, snap peas, kale, a ton of spinach, kohlrabi, radishes, carrots and green onions.


I have so far made salads, a roasted garlic spinach pesto and I am adding spinach to everything:  shakes, sandwiches, salads, etc.  I think I may cook up some soup (who cares that it is 90 plus degrees?  I LOVE soup).  But damn the spinach.  My farmer gave me an entire packed box because she had so much. I have a ton:
It may not look like it but it is PACKED.  I plan on blanching it and then freezing it but I have to carve up some prep time.  Anyone want to help?  I will pay you in spinach.  :)

1 comment:

Nina said...

mmmm, maybe some spinach artichoke dip.