Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Incredibly Ridiculously GOOD. Not kidding. Make these NOW!

OHMYGOSH.  These peanut butter cups are the most amazing thing I have eaten in a long time and I can't even taste due to my cold/allergies/hostile-takeover-of-the-sinuses.  Alicia Silverstone (of Clueless fame) went vegan, raw and eventually macrobiotic and she created a cookbook called The Kind Diet.  I haven't bought it yet, but my awesome mother-in-law sends me the most amazing vegan recipes (AHA!  My crazy daughter-in-law can eat THAT!) and this recipe for the peanut butter cups came in handy in time for a dinner get-together.  I don't want to share.  ANY.  But I did invite my sister-in-law over to try them because I am THAT nice.  Sometimes.  :)

Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Cups

(from The Kind Diet)


SERVINGS

12

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup Earth Balance butter

3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares (I used a graham cracker crust, crumbled)

1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener (I used Vegan cane sugar)

1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips

1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk (I used almond)

1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts (I used walnuts...trying to get those Omegas in!)


PREPARATION

1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.) Set aside.

2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.

3. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.

4. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.

5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.

6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.

7. Top with chopped nuts.

8. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving. (I ate one at 2 hours and 1 minute..before dinner.)

Obviously if you are not vegan, you can make them this way or substitute regular milk and butter.  But you should really try them this way.  REALLY.  Let me know what you think!


No comments: