Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yummy Scones!

I made the most amazing scones last night! I am not normally a scone-eater, I find them to be too dry for my liking...but these were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! YUM! I had three very sad-looking Georgia peaches left and they inspired this beautiful breakfast (as well as late-night Top Chef snack). :)

Peach Coconut Scones
(adapted from Vegan with a Vengeance
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
Makes 16 Scones


3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 T Baking Powder
1/4 cup Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 t. Salt
1/4 cup Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut

1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil (or any mild vegetable oil)
1/2 cup French Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1 t. Vanilla
3 Sad-Looking Peaches, chopped :)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. Mix all dry ingredients together and add wet ingredients. Fold in peaches. If the mixture looks a little dry, add a tiny bit of water. Use your 1/4 c measuring cup and scoop mixtue onto prepared pan, flattening the top a bit. Sprinkle some sugar on top and bake for 12-15 minutes (the bottoms should be browned and the tops should be firm).


Seriously, these are delicious.
Obviously, you can un-veganize them by adding milk and creamer or half and half.
See, everyone can try the LOVE!





1 comment:

Michelle said...

OMG, I was looking for a recipe for vegan peach scones, and just found your post! These sound so delicious! I am using So Delicious coconut milk creamer in baking now, so I was really excited to see that it's one of the ingredients for these scones. I can't wait to make these! Thank you!!!!